Friday, February 22, 2019

13A - Reading Reflection No. 1


The book I read was Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance. I have to say, this was a really good read and I learned a lot about Elon Musk. I never knew how ambitious Elon Musk was, but his ambition is amazing and inspiring. The one thing that really surprised me that I was like," Wow, that's really cool!" is that he was born in Pretoria, South Africa. I never knew that and this is really interesting. The one thing I really admire Musk for is his motivation and drive. This man just keeps on doing so many amazing things like running a billion dollar company. Watching him do all these amazing things really motivates me to be a better person and to start doing my homework on time. He is really an inspirational person. The thing I least admire about him is sometimes, he does not know when to stop. He is always working. I feel like if he took a break or a vacation once in a while, it would allow his brain to recharge and he can come up with even more brilliant ideas. Elon Musk has definitely encountered adversity and failure as seen from many of the rocket crashes by SpaceX. However, this does not stop Musk. He just looks back at what went wrong and how he can fix it. Elon Musk never gives up, he keeps moving forward and I think that is awesome. The thing I believe Elon Musk is great at is coming up with new ideas. This man does not stop. Right now he wants to colonize Mars and he believes that he will be able to do it soon and that is just crazy to think about. If anyone can do it, Elon Musk can. While reading the book, there was nothing that really confused me and I think I have to thank the writer Ashlee Vance for that because she was able to word everything perfectly so it sounded clear and coherent. One question I would have to ask Musk would be how he can keep working so hard and not be playing around with his wealth. Like if I was in his position, I would be taking a lot of breaks and just fool around because I have so much money to spend. Another question I would ask is how he got his hair back. He looks a lot better now than he did years ago. I feel like he found the fountain of youth or something. I definitely feel that Elon Musk supports hard work. He is the type of person to believe that hard work pays off. Overall, this was a great book and I recommend it to everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Brian! I am thinking about reading this book for the third reading reflection assignment. It was very cool to read your reflection and see what you learned from this book. I read Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's and I would recommend reading that as well! It's very interesting to see how all of these successful entrepreneurs started out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian! Elon Musk is a man, like you said, that does not stop working. He is someone who has persevered through many challenges and has had a lot of success in his endeavors. I admire what Elon Musk does because he cares about the future and has a passion to make human life better. Great post Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brian, it was interesting to read about Elon Musk considering his immense impact on our society. He is one of the smartest businessmen in the world and I think it has to do with his ability to think outside the box. I like how you said he keeps coming up with ideas and never stops because that shows his creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brian! I really enjoyed reading your post and I, too, didn't know Elon Musk was born in South Africa. I agree with your take on him taking a break from his professional life because he's been at this thing since his days at Paypal in the late 90's! I think having some downtime to pursue other hobbies could give him insight on opportunities that he could find a solution to!

    ReplyDelete