Friday, February 8, 2019

9A - Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

Who: The people who do not go to the two gyms at UF. These people fall out of the boundary.

What: They do not see a need to hit the gym.

Why: There are multiple reasons as to why some do not hit the two gyms. Some are content with their bodies and others can go to other gyms in Gainesville.

Interview 1:
The first person I interviewed was a sophomore named Jacob. He said he hated going to the gym and only believes in doing cardio every day. He said he gets his daily workout by doing stadiums every day. I asked him about my idea of a gym app, and he told me that it was a dumb and ridiculous idea.

Interview 2:
The second person I interviewed was a junior named Caroline. She said she does not hit the gym but instead gets her daily workout by jogging around campus. I asked her if my idea of a gym app was something she would like to see, and she told me she would not really care because it made no difference to her.

Interview 3:
The third interview was with a senior who would not like to be named. He told was majoring in electrical engineering and he told me that the gym app was alright, but it would never go through because a lot of people would not like to be filmed without their consent. He told me that he does not even go to the two gyms at UF. Instead he goes to one in his apartment complex. He told that the UF gyms are too far and it is more convenient for him to use the one at his apartment complex.

Interview 4:
The fourth interview was with a person named Joe. I asked him if he goes to the two UF gyms and he told me he does not go to any gym at all. He told me that he is fine with his body and that he can never put on weight so it would not matter if he went at all. I told him to try eating more protein.

Interview 5:
The last interview was with a person named Kevin. I asked him if he goes to the gym and he said no. He said he gets his workout by playing soccer every day. I told him about my idea of a gym app, and he told it was a pretty unique idea, but many people would not like getting filmed while working out.

Inside the boundary
Who is In: Those who use the two gyms at UF.
What the Need Is: To know when it is a good time to use the gym.
Why the Need Exists: The two gyms at UF can be very crowded and there is not a good way to know when the gyms are going to be packed.

Outside the boundary
Who is not: Those who do not use the two gyms at UF.
What the need is not: Some people feel indifferent and others do not see the need to hit the gym.
Alternative Explanations: Some people go to other gyms and others are content with how they look so they just don’t use the gym in general.

These 5 interviews have really taught me a lot about my idea of a gym app. I can see that there are some people who would not like getting filmed and other people might use other gyms. I am really glad I was able to test my idea again by interviewing more people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment