Thursday, January 31, 2019

8A - Solving the Problem

- My problem is about how a person cannot simply know when either of the gym at the University of Florida is going to be packed or not.

- My solution to this is to create an app that connects with the live cameras at both Student Rec and Southwest Rec and shows a live feed of the two gyms right on the app. The app could also give an actual number of how many people there are at the gym using the data from when people have to sign in to use the gym. There could also be statistics page that shows what time and day the gym is busiest so a person could organize their daily schedule around that.

2 comments:

  1. Brian,

    I really like your idea, as someone who uses the gyms on campus having the ability to have that information would make a great positive change to not only my workout routine but affects other aspects of my day because I can plan more efficiently. Having an app that is as simple as a body counter I think can totally be implemented very quickly too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I think that your idea is a fantastic one. I often find myself wondering if it is a good idea to go to the gym or not, as when it is so crowded it is just such a hassle. My only concern would be that having live camera feeds of everyone working out is a tad invasive. But otherwise, it seems to be a great concept.

    ReplyDelete