Friday, March 22, 2019

20A - Growing Your Social Capital


- Domain Expert: The first person I talked to was a person named Jack who owns a boxing gym in Gainesville. I knew Jack from back home so he is a reliable person to talk to. He told me all the equipment cost for his gym and how much he thinks installing cameras would be. He told me my idea was great and he would pay me a lot of money to implement it into his gym.

- Market Expert: The second person I talked to was a person named Matt. Matt is currently a software engineer for IBM. We emailed each other back and forth for a while. I only know Matt because I am friends with his cousin. He told me that developing my idea of an app was feasible and he believed it would be a great idea. He just told me I needed to receive a lot of permission for the app to fully work.

- Supply Expert: The third person I talk to was a person named John. He worked in a company that supplies materials to restaurants. I knew him from high school. He told me that he had a long list of contacts that would be beneficial to me. I told that would be really nice. John is a very nice person.

Overall, I am really glad that I did this exercise because I was able to meet many fascinating people. I also gained experience in networking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian! It is cool that you were able to meet with someone who owns a gym in the area and present your business plan to them. I bet it feels great to know that someone like him likes your product and would be willing to pay for it. It seems that all of the experts you talked with gave you some really great information and feedback about your business plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian! I thought that you people you contacted helped you out a lot. They all had some very good insights on information that could help with your company. Hopefully this networking assignment increased your social capital and will allow you to excel in networking with other people in the future.

    ReplyDelete