Thursday, January 17, 2019

2A - Bug List

1. When I turn on my computer, its loading time is very long and this is quite annoying when I need it to use it immediately. This bug exists because my computer is a little bit old, but Windows 10 has a common problem of slow bootup time. 

2. I just bought a 49cc Bintelli Sprint scooter and it accelerates really slow. The scooter is supposed to max out at around 31 miles per hour but mine maxes at around 28 miles per hour. This is really annoying when I have to get to class in a hurry. This bug exists because the scooter could be faulty or the scooter itself is just not a good one.

3. There is really no good spots to park your car at UF if you live off campus. There is a lot of orange decal parking spots that are empty, but a student cannot park there. Only staffs at UF can park in the orange decal spots. This bug exists because there are not enough parking spots at UF and that there are too much orange decal spots even though they are barely used.

4. Whenever I go to the Student Recreation & Fitness Center, a lot of the weights and equipment are currently being used or out of order. This bug exists because Student Recreation & Fitness Center does not have enough weights and equipment for the number of people that come to use the gym.

5. At my apartment complex called Lux13, there is a lot of mosquitos and they tend to bite me whenever I go and run at night. This bug exists because my apartment complex has a lot of small ponds in it and mosquitos tend to populate in places like that.

6. At Lux13, the garbage dumpster is always filled and overflowing with trash. There is only one garbage dumpster and it is far from my building. This bug exists because there is only garbage dumpster for a whole apartment community.

7. I have an iPhone 6s and the battery life dies really fast and this is really annoying when I am on the phone and talking with an important person. This bug exists because I updated my phone's software to IOS 11 and this very common with people who have an iPhone 6s.

8. My apartment room is on the third floor and this especially annoying when I have a lot of groceries like packs of water and I have to walk up 3 floors. This bug exists because Lux13 does have an elevator system and because the first and second floor were all taken when I signed up.

9. When driving in Gainesville, a lot of drivers do not use their turn signals and this annoys me because I could be driving really fast and the car in front of me suddenly turns and I have to brake immediately. This bug exists because a lot of drivers are ignorant and tend to forget about turning on their signals.

10. The intersection at NW 13th Ave and University Ave is always slow and packed with traffic. It is really annoying when I am late for class and I have to wait for the light to turn green. This bug exists because of the traffic light systems is very slow and cannot detect cars that well.

11. Whenever I go to the movie theatres like Regal Celebration Pointe 10 & RPX, the movie starts at a later time than when it is advertised. A lot of people have schedules and things to do and that can really disrupt someone's plan when things do not go on time. This bug exists because the movie theatre has to show ads before a movie.

12. Walking in Turlington after class is over or going to class is really annoying because there are so many people and there is also a lot of people who try to give you pamphlets or try to convince you to join their club. This bug exists because Turlington is the main area where people go to travel to go to other classes.

13. I have a 2005 Honda Civic and it is currently pretty cold outside. Whenever I try to go inside my car, I turn on the heater, but it takes forever for the heater to start. This bug exists because the car is really old and the cold weather makes it harder for the engine to warm up and start.

14. Something that really bugs me is paying to do homework by buying services like Pearson even though I already paid the tuition fee for classes. The service is also a lot of money. This bug exists because a lot of the courses uses Pearson's services and Pearson is the main service available so they marked up their prices.

15. The iPhone charger is very frail and after use of about a year, it tends to break or the rubber comes off. This bug exists because Apple uses cheap materials to make the iPhone chargers.

16. Whenever I go to the doctors, it takes forever to meet the actual doctor. I go at the scheduled time, but I usually have to wait like 30 minutes in the waiting room in order to meet the actual doctor. This bug exists because there are few doctors, but many patients.

17. The desks in room 213 in the Architecture building are very small and do not give a lot of space to do actual work. This bug exists because UF does not put a lot of funds into their equipment, but more into the professors. The bug also exists because the room is old and small so it would be hard to put new desks into the room.

18. When I am on the campus at the University of Florida, the wifi sometimes randomly disconnects from my laptop. This is really annoying when I am trying to do homework or have a timed quiz on canvas with one attempt. This bug exists because there are so many people connected to the wifi at UF that it causes the system to bug and lag.

19. The gym at Lux13 is very small and does not have that many weights or equipment. It also has mainly cardio machines. This can be annoying when there is a lot of people at the gym and they just stand behind you waiting to use the equipment. This bug exists because Lux13 does not put much of their funds into the gym, but more into the rooms of the apartment.

20. Sometimes I cannot sleep and this is due to insomnia. This is really annoying when I have an exam the next day and I have been studying all day so I should be really tired to the point to go to sleep really fast. This bug exists due to insomnia which is common and also because of poor sleeping habits.

Reflection

It was very easy to come up with the first 10 bugs, but after those 10, it was very hard to brainstorm some. It was hard coming up with bugs that I could not control. I took the advice in the video and I found it easier to write down a few bugs every day. It helped me make each bug more precise and detailed. I found this assignment to be really interesting and actually challenging.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,

    I also struggled coming up with the last like...12 or so because it was hard to find things that really stuck with me that bothered me. Alas, I also followed the advice and was able to grind it out. You think it would be easier to find things that bug people in general. The one I really have to agree with is #18, having the WiFi just disconnect is extremely frustrating and I still can't believe they can get it working even with the amount of students. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brian!! I can totally relate to the slow computer bug. There's nothing worse than needing to submit a homework assignment or look something up and then you computer takes 10 years to turn on. I can also relate to the bug about living on the third floor. I also live on the third floor and my apartment complex doesn't have elevators. But I do anything I can to carry all of my groceries up in one trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brian! I can really agree with bug number nine. People driving in general really bug me and get on my nerves, especially those that forget to use their signals. I have had numerous occasions when the car in front of me starts braking and I realize too late and almost rear end them. I like to honk my horn a lot and this situation gives me an excuse to do so. I am interested to see if there is an opportunity that you can think of to get rid of this particular bug.

    ReplyDelete