Friday, April 12, 2019

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3


1)    What was the general theme or argument of the book?

The book I chose was Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker. The general theme of the book is explaining innovation and entrepreneurship as a practice and discipline.

2)    How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

The book explains what entrepreneurship is all about and ENT 3003 is all about entrepreneurship. 

3)    If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

I would have students go and come up with their own business ideas. First I would have them come up with needs and then an explanation of how they would fulfill those needs. Entrepreneurship is all about coming up with ideas to satisfy needs so I believe this exercise would be perfect. 

4)    What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

One of the biggest surprises in the book for me was that there was a difference between innovation and entrepreneurship. I thought they were different, but the book explained to me that they are two different things. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Brian! The assignment you came up with is pretty similar to the assignments that this class revolves around. Maybe you and Dr. Pryor read the same book and had the same idea. Good post but I wish you of explained more on the difference between innovation and entrepreneurship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian!I didn't get a chance to read that book but I wanted to thank you for summarizing a bit of it for me. It seems that the book is VERY similar to everything that we do in the class based on your summary. Your activity sounds almost like the basis of this class in general. Also I am not sure if you meant to say "I thought they were similar" in your last paragraph. Other than that. great post Brian!

    ReplyDelete